The Stores and The Homestead
The Stores in c.1895 when Mr. Cornelius Whipps was the proprietor. (Pic.Mike Fordham).
The same scene Dec 2014. (Pic. Mike Fordham).
The Stores in c.1914 when the proprietor ,Mr. W. Smith, was handing over the business to the Potter family.
In the picture are L-R ;- Frank Potter, N/K , May Crickmore, Mrs F Potter, N/K , N/K , Ed Potter, Cyril Potter. The three unknown faces could well be the Smith Family.
The Stores in about 1938. William Mayes and Mrs. Denham were then the owners. Mr. Wiggett, snr, became the owner in 1954 until his retirement in 1972.
The Stores in 1986 and was now a bakery, owned by Ralph Morris. (Pic.J.Overton).
Below is Mr. Smith's "calling" card for his delivery service.
Winter 1987. (Pic. Mike Fordham).
2002 and the main building is now a private residence. The annexe at the rear is the Chinese Takeaway. (Pic.R.Gooderham).
Viewed from All Saints Church tower in 1994. The Stores is on the right and above that is The Homestead. Church Close is on the left with Stoke radio masts top left. (Pic.L.Fedden).
The Homestead, with Mr. Leonard Todd at the gate c.1890, was demolished in 1892.
The Homestead, which was rebuilt in 1894, looking at the north side.
Leonard Todd still lived here and was trading as a butcher and farmer.c.1904. (Pic. Sarah Davies).
Mr. Leonard Todd and wife Laura in the front garden. c.1904 (Pic. Sarah Davies).
(Pic. Mike Fordham).
The Farm Managers House built in 1896, in the same style as The Homestead.
The left side is original, the right side is a 1990's extension. Located down a drive off The Street.
Mr. Todd later in life. c. 1920. (Pic's. Sarah Davies) Leonard Todd continued to live there until 1922 when the house was then occupied by the 'Page' Family.
A gathering of the "Page" families at Blakeney in c.1958.
The Homestead Page's are ;-
Centre top ;- Walter (bearded) Centre row 3rd from left;- Sarah.
Extreme left;- Dick and Mary, Extreme right ;- Hugh .
Daughter Rosemary was away in India.
In later years the ground floor was used as retail units as shown here in the late 1960's.
Owner Mr. R. Tempest - Roe in the fore ground.
The 'Deli'. in March 1969. Now used by a veterinary practice.
The units shown here in 1986.
From L-R;J & E Wiggett - Newsagent.
John's Supermarket (J.Overton).
Colin David - Hairdresser.
1985 and Norwich City F.C. goalkeeper and local resident Chris Woods displays the Milk Cup outside John's Supermarket.(pic. J. Overton).
John's redundant trade bike .
Now an Estate Agent, Bank Branch, three Takeaways and Hairdresser.(pic. Mike Fordham).