The GIRLS FRIENDLY SOCIETY held regular meetings in Framingham Pigot during the early 1900's. The certificate pictured was presented to Edith Herrell in 1916 to mark 8 years of satisfactory membership. Although membership was for the West Brooke Branch the meetings were held somewhere in Pigot. The name Christie on the certificate being significant. (Pic. Doreen Howlett).
The society is still going strong in 2010 with a branch in Norwich.
Laundry Cottage, 2009. (Pic.R.Gooderham).
W.H. Barrett, author, pictured at the window of Laundry Cottage where he lived until his death in 1974. Buried in Framingham Pigot churchyard. His three most famous works are;-
"Tales From The Fens" (1963).
"More Tales From The Fens" (1964).
"A Fenman's Story" (1965).
The old forge now an electrical contractors Jary & Greensides.
Would have had a thatched roof but now tiled.
c.1970 (Pic. Julie Kent)
Jary and Greensides 30th. Anniversary June 1993.
From the top L-R;- Tom Greensides, Richard Glenn, Terry Waterson, Peter Workman,
Andrew Cossey, Jeff Causton, Joy Peters,
Vincent Webster, Gary Green, Paul Noble and Matthew Watts.
Framingham Pigot Bowls Club c.1935.
Only a few names known including;- George Thrower, Mr. Minns, Walter Edwards, Billy Wilson, Billy Cushing, Sam High and Henry Davey. (Pic. Dorothy Bundock.)
The south entrance to the Manor House opening onto The Street. (Pic.R.Gooderham).
The original Saint Andrew Church from a sketch by Robert Ladbrooke. This ramshackle round tower church was replaced in 1859.
Saint Andrew Church, as pictured in 1973, was designed by Robert Kerr in 1859 and was paid for by G.H.Christie Esq., at a cost of £4500. It is an elegant building of flint with stone dressings, in the Decorated style, comprising nave, chancel, south porch, and western doorway. The tower is at the north- west angle, and has an octagonal lantern, surmouted by a broach spire rising to the height of 114 feet. The shafts of the doorways are of polished Cornish marble, and over the west door is a sculpture of Saint Andrew. The seats are open, and the organ is placed under the tower, where there is a richly carved stone screen. (Pic.R.Gooderham).
Grade 2 listed.
2007. (Pic. copyright M.Page).
Winter 2007. (Pic. copyright M. Page).
Situated down the footpath beside the Church is Church Cottage.
c.1970. (Pic. Julie Kent).