Caistor St. Edmund - Old Village
October 1976. The church tower had been totally restored.
The cost was £5700 and fund raising had been on going since 1959.
St. Edmund's church in May 2010. (Pic. Mike Fordham).
St. Edmund's Church in August 2011, after modernisation.
(Pic. Richard Gooderham).
THE CHRISTMAS TREE CELEBRATION 2012.
(Pic.s Mike Fordham & Richard Gooderham ).
Caistor Saint Edmund War Memorial. In rememberance of the fallen in two World Wars.
(Pic. Jane Goodyear).
The dedication and unveiling of the war Memorial situated at the entrance to the church yard.
(Pic's. Jane Goodyear ).
This picture of The Old Hall was taken in c.1909. (Pic. A.Postcard).
Grade 2 listed.
In September 2011. (Pic. Mike Fordham).
Caistor Old Hall - Rear view ?
West side South side
Caistor Hall c. 1920. This beautiful Georgian House is set in 30 acres
of woodlands and gardens,and is a Grade II listed country property dating from the early 19th. century.
The property was built for the Dashwood family.
Mrs Harriet Dashwood owned all of Markshall and nearly all of Caistor St. Edmund in 1945.
She was Lady of the Manor and patroness of the church.
The Hall has been used as an hotel and country club since 1947.
(Pic.'s Jane Goodyear).
Click here for a short ;- History of The Hall
The west and north sides in September 2011
(Pic. Mike Fordham).
The Village Fete was held on the lawns. These pictures c.1960.
(PIC's Mike Fordham)
The Post Office pictured 1920. Now known as Jubilee Cottage. (Pic. Caroline Page).
September, 2011. (Pic. Mike Fordham).
Queen Ann's Cottage, pictured in 2011 andc.1920.
Built by Benjamin Cogman in 1725 with The Forge next door. (Pic. Caroline Page).
Grade 2 listed.
Cottages next to Jubilee Cottage. c. 1920 and September 2011. (Pic. Mike Fordham).
Surrounding countryside. 2011
Pics.. Mike Fordham.
Caistor Roman Camp
Aerial view of the Roman Camp showing the street layout - June 2009.
(Pic. copyright Mike Page).
Excavations of the site 1934.
Looking across the site February 1973.
Part of the walls Nov.1997.
The south wall, September 2011. (Pic. Mike Fordham).
The latest dig Summer 2019, in Temple Field.
(Pic. Mike Fordham.)
1999. Aerial view of AWA new water pumping station at Caistor St. Edmund.
Marsh water pump of the type that
would have been seen c.1910
1928 and these lads stop to pose for the camera at the Caistor/Markshall cross roads.
L-R;- Bob Turner, Billy Fuller, --- Durrant, Sydney Greensides, Jack Greensides, Billy Bales,
not known , and Harry Greensides. It must have been a sunday, their only day off ! (Pic. Caroline Page).
Three views of Markshall Bridge dated 1917. (Pic's Geoff Daniels).