The Swan public house showing part of The Street looking north. c.1909. (Pic.A.Thurlow).
See also;- www.norfolkpubs.co.uk
C.1916 and note the extent of the Village pond. (Pic.G.Smy).
Compare with the picture above, this one taken 2007. (Pic. Mike Fordham).
A small group of regulars in 1955 . L-R Freddie Balderstone, Jimmy Hull, Mr.Finley(landlord), Doug Potter, Dora Finley, unknown.
Outing, possibly from The Swan, c.1950.
Some of the names L-R;- Annie Dicks, Carol Dicks, Molly Diks, Gerald Smy, Mrs. Smy,
Terry Farrow, Gladys Eastell, Ernie Eastell (on bus), Derek Smy(baby), Christine Eastell, ................ Mr. & Mrs. Farrow, 'Shunter' Eastell, Michael Dicks, Peter Tubby,
Donny Farrow, Ellen Farrow (son Colin), ...........................
(pic. Gerald Smy).
1956 More locals pose for the camera.
L-R; 'Tiny', Rita Hills, Mrs.'Tiny', Tim Crane, Lily Burrows, Barbara Crane. (Pic.Des Taylor).
This picture was taken in 1959. (Pic.Henry Pye).
1961 and the new landlord is seen with some of his customers. L-R; unknown, Barbara Crane, Sugar Tubby, Tim Crane(landlord), Joe Spruce, unknown. (Pic.Terry Spruce).
The bar in the then new Swan c.1963.
Landlord Tim Crane is third from the left and his wife Barbara is first on the left. The other couple are holiday reliefs. (Pic.Barbara Brown).
The old Swan was demolished in 1966 and replaced by this building. This view was taken in 1994 from the Church tower. (Pic.L.Fedden).
Formally The Swan and renamed Old Grumpy's after the new landlord Roger Roper in 1996. This picture taken in 2002. (Pic.R.Gooderham).
2007 and renamed as Zaks at The Swan with a partial transformation to an American diner. (Pic.R.Gooderham).
March 2010, and the transformation is complete. All reference to The Swan has been dopped and now known as Zaks. (Pic.R.Gooderham).