When the forge ceased to trade in 1939 the premises were used as a Motor Garage and Repair Workshop.
This was the old carpenters shop, in c.1955, at the rear of the garage. (Pic.Mrs.Fawcett).
Seen here is Peter Fawcett serving petrol on the forecourt in c.1955. (Pic.Mrs.Fawcett).
Busy times at the garage c.1956. (Pic.Mrs.Fawcett).
The scene 2014. (Pic.Mike Fordham).
1967 and these people pass the garage on their way to a wedding reception at The Swan public house. (Pic.Brian Gowing ).
Some of the wedding guests; L-R, Jack Gowing ,Charlie Gowing,
Jack Gooderham, Lily Gooderham, Sheila Gowing, Lily Gowing,
and Ethel Brooks. (Pic. Brian Gowing)
The site as it looked in August 2010. (Pic.R.Gooderham).
The site in August 2011, another change of use, this time to a Funeral Directors. Full circle as originally the site was the Forge and Undertakers. (Pic. Mike Fordham).