Church Farm c.1920. Another one of the cluster of old buildings constructed during the 1600's. (Pic.A.N.Other).
House and barn are Grade 2 listed.
Church Farm pictured in August 2011.
(Pic. Richard Gooderham).
Poringland Home Guard Ammunition Bunker. Brick and concrete standard Government building
is in the meadow behind Church Farm. (Pic. John Hindle 2003).
The Grade 2 listed barn at Church Farm. (Pic. R.Gooderham 2015 ).
Internal views of the barn.
Aerial view in 1994. (Pic. L.Fedden).
Aerial view of Church Cottages 1982. (PIc.D.Tremlin).
Church Cottages built in 1693, pictured in 2010. (Pic.R.Gooderham).
Grade 2 listed.
Gwen and Denny Bales outside Church Cottages in 1951. (Pic. Derek Bales).
1947 THE WINTER and pictured in Shotesham Rd
is Mrs. Smy ,far left, and also with her son Gerald and villager Jimmy Herrell . (Pic's Gerald Smy).
A familiar sight on Shotesham Road and Howe Lane during the 1950's and 60's.
Herbert Tubby, on the chair, with his neighbour Reggie Blanchflower outside his house in Howe Lane. Herbert had an allotment on Shotesham Road (now Meadow Way) and would sell his surplus produce on the roadside. (Pic. Des Taylor).
This picture was taken in Howe Lane in 1960. It shows the start of the Glenn Road developement.
"The Prefabs".Prefabrigated bungalows built in 1946 to replace wartime losses.
A view of the rear of no.67 in 1963 (Pic.John Howlett).
Clem and May Lincoln pose for this picture at the back of no.68.
(Pic. John Howlett).
View from the back garden of one of the 'Prefabs'. In the picture is Eileen Lemon and her brother Martyn.
This picture is 1957 and the scene now would be Bellamy Way, Albion House and Baynes Close.(Pic.Martyn Lemon.)
The scene in Feb .2016, Click picture to enlarge.
Bellamy Way further development in December 2016. (Pic. R.Gooderham).
Meanwhile their father ,Albert, was busy hoeing the front garden. Albert had now retired from the army (see below) and was the village postman. (All Pics. Martyn Lemon).
Albert Lemon (bottom row ,far right). would have been called "boy" Eight years on and Albert( front row 4th. from left) had risen to
as a bugler. the rank of Company Sergeant Major.
Shotesham Road in the summer of 1973 looking east towards Howe Lane.(Pic.Barbara Brown).
The next three pictures show The Prefab in 1996 and this temporary solution is still functional.
They were demolished in stages during the late 1990's.
(Pic. Pat Hopkins).
Prefabs are now demolished and waiting for the developers to move in May 2012.
The massive development on the west side of The Street continues, via Carr Lane, to Shotesham Road.
All Pic's Ray Fawkes.
Aug 2013 Sept 2013
Sept 2013 Sept 2013
Sept 2013 Sept 2013
Oct 2013 Oct 2013
Dec 2013 Dec 2013
Dec 2013 Jan 2014
May 2014 July 2014
May 2014 Aug 2014
Aug 2014 Aug 2014
Houses opposite The Prefabs leading towards West View. 1964.
West View--12 council houses built in 1921 on land bought from local farmer Mr. Kidner for £70 .
Outside no. 9 is Daphne Herrell in 1950. (Pic.Mrs.Daphne Aldous).
West View, 'The Green' looking towards the new commercial The same scene in1920 when these children lived at no.9.
development in Shotesham Road. July 2015. (Pic. R.Gooderham). L-R;- Jack , Doreen and Steven Eastell. (Pic.Doreen Howlett).