1920 and this view of "The Fiveways" shows Stoke Road on the left of the picture. The horse and cart are travelling down Norwich Road heading for the market in Norwich. The garage and cycle shop was owned by Mr.Davies. (Pic.John Mills).
The cycle shop became the first Fire Station (AFS) during the WW2 when owned by Freddie Mann. The second station was opposite in Stoke Road.
This aerial shot was taken in 1940 by the M.O.D. (Pic.John Hindle).
This picture of the same junction was taken in June 1993.
(Pic. copyright Mike Page ).
The School 'pit' 1961.
December 1992 and we are still waiting for "the roundabout". (Pic.R.Gooderham).
The Fiveways viewed from Norwich Road. (Pic. Mike Fordham.)
YES - February 1993 and the work starts by filling part of the "School Pit". (Pic.Molly).
March 1993 and the merging of Pigot Lane and Long Road, to form one access to the roundabout, takes shape. (Pic.R.Gooderham).
The view looking from Long Road towards The Railway Tavern. (Pic.R.Gooderham).
April 1993 and the work progresses rapidly. This view looking from Stoke Road. (Pic.R.Gooderham).
Aerial view of site during construction work May 1993.
(Pic. copyright Mike Page).
July 1993.Its taking shape. (Pic.R.Gooderham).
(Pic's Mike Fordham).
July 1993. "AT LAST" the "Fiveways" becomes the "Fourways" when the road works are completed. (Pic.R.Gooderham).