1938 and Tom King is standing at the entrance to his farm. The house on the right
is still there but the rest of the buildings made way for Church Close
in the mid 60's. (Pic. Ella Caird).
Tom King at the wheel of his steam engine, with L-R Ronnie King, Kenny Rising,
and Ella King. (Pic.Ella Caird).
At Work in 1938. Tom King , centre back, with from L-R, George Harber, Jacko Wilson,
Albert Potter, Billy Key, Chris Utting, unknown, Matcham Tubby, George Feltham,
Billy Herbert, unknown, Jack Tubby. (Pic.Ella Caird).
Aerial view of Farm House, left of centre, and Merlewood, now 128 The Street.
Bottom left shows new bungalow being built in Church Close, 1964.
(Pic. Jenny Oates).
These pictures were taken in the yard of the cottages right centre in the aerial photo. All about 1946/47.
(Pic.'s G.Smy , B.Tubby.).
L-R;- Gerald Smy, Barbara Tubby, Grahamme Tubby.
Grahamme Tubby, Beryl Allen, Gerald Smy