The 'Van Neck' police house,a standard design,built in 1937, was extended in the mid
1960's with an office. Named after the Chief Constable of the time.
The purpose built Police Beat Base completed in 2008.
Supt. John Mann of Dereham Division.
Was P.C. 122 at Poringland 1910-1911
then Sergeant at Brooke.
Tom Utting who was the Parish Constable during the 1920's.
(Pic. L. Winterbone).
New Pic. 25/6
P.C. Walter Ruddock. At the police house in September 1939.
(Pic. John Hindle).
1964 at the Norfolk Show ,
and P.C. 29 , Ernie Leggett, right,
on his beat motor cycle.